- 6 cups milk
- 2 12-oz. cans beer – divided
- 40 ounces process cheese spread
- 1 10-oz. can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 dashes hot sauce — or to taste
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Garlic/onion croutons — for garnish
- Combine milk and 2 1/2 beer in large (min. 5-qt.) Dutch oven. Cook over low heat until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly. Add cheese spread, broth, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce. Cook over low heat until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly.
- In small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining beer. Add to cheese mixture; simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened (do not boil).
Yield: 4 quarts.