- 10 ounces refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 each egg
- grated parmesan cheese(optional)
- For calzones, unroll pizza dough. Roll or stretch dough into a 15×10″ rectangle. Cut into 6 5″ squares. Divide desired filling among squares.
- Brush edges with water. Lift one corner and stretch dough over to the opposite corner. Press edges of dough well w/fork to seal.
- Arrange on a greased baking sheet. Prick tops with a fork. Combine egg and 1t water. Brush onto calzones.
- Sprinkle w/Parmesan, if desired. Bake 425 for 8-10 mins. Let stand 5 mins. before serving.
Makes 6 calzones.
- Sausage-Mushroom Filling: In a skillet cook 12oz bulk pork sausage or Italian sausage until brown. Drain. Stir in 1/2C pizza sauce, one 4oz pkg. shredded mozzarella cheese (1C), and 1 2-oz can mushroom stems and pieces, drained. Ham-spinach filling: cook 1 10oz pkg frozen chopped spinach according to pkg dirs; drain well. In a bowl combine spinach, 1C finely chopped fully cooked ham (5oz), 1C shredded Swiss cheese (4oz), and 2T thinly sliced green onion.