A quick and easy meal that is perfect at the end of a long day.
- 1/2 lb uncooked medium pasta shells
- 1 can (14.5 oz) fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 oz) mild enchilada sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 bunch thinly sliced green onions, greens and whites separated
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (11 oz) whole kernel sweet corn, drained
- 2 cups finely chopped deli rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- Chopped fresh cilantro, lime wedges and sour cream, if desired
- In large colander, rinse and drain uncooked pasta. In 4-quart saucepan, mix pasta, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, water, green onion whites and chili powder. Heat to boiling over high heat; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 14 to 16 minutes, stirring frequently, until pasta is tender; do not drain.
- Stir in beans, corn and chicken; return to simmering. Cook 2 minutes longer to combine flavors. Remove from heat; stir in cheese.
- Top with green onion greens. Serve with cilantro, lime wedges and sour cream. Or ignore the cilantro because you think it tastes like salt.