- 1/2 cup Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 6 to 10 cups vegetable oil for frying
- One 16-ounce jar Heinz dill pickles
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch ground cayenne pepper
- Make the dipping sauce by combining the ranch dressing and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
- Heat the oil to 350 degrees F in a deep fryer or saucepan with a thermometer attached to it.
- Remove all of the pickle slices from the jar and lay them out flat on paper towels. Use more paper towels to blot the pickle slices until they are dry.
- Combine the beaten egg and milk in a small bowl.
- Combine the flour, salt, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper in a shallow bowl or in a pie pan.
- Bread each of the pickle slices by first coating each with the dry blend, then the egg and milk, then back to the dry stuff. Arrange all of the breaded pickle slices on a baking sheetuntil they are all breaded.
- Fry the pickles in the hot oil in batches of 10 to 15 at a time for 2 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with the dipping sauce on the side.
Serves 6 to 8 as an appetizer.