Joe’s Crab Shack is one of my favorite restaurants but they aren’t in Canada. For those of you who love their favorite Blue Crab Dip Recipe, here is a copycat version of it that you will love.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups crabmeat (canned is fine)
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- 1 tablespoon minced mild red chili pepper
- 1 tablespoon mild green chili pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Combine the cream cheese with crab, green onion, chili peppers, salt and white pepper in a medium bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Spread mixture into the bottom of an ovensafe dish. Use a wide dish for this so that the dip is only about an inch deep in the bottom.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the surface of the dip.
- Broil for 3 to 4 minutes or until the cheese on top begins to brown.
- Sprinkle paprika over the dip, followed by fresh minced parsley. Serve with tortilla chips or crackers for dipping.
Serves 4 to 6 as an appetizer.