If you want a great Christmas morning recipe, this is it. Easy to make and the salmon makes it feel rich. Not only that but it’s a high energy start to a big day.
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk
- 3 oz (90 g) smoked salmon, chopped
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chopped fresh dill
- salt and white pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) melted butter
- 2 bagels, each cut in half, toasted and lightly buttered
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) low-fat sour cream
- fresh dill sprigs, for garnish
- Beat the eggs and milk in a bowl until blended. Mix in the salmon, dill, salt and pepper.
- Heat the butter in a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat. Pour in the egg mixture. As it begins to set, slowly run a heatproof spatula across the bottom and sides of the skillet to form large, soft curds in the egg mixture. Cook until thick, but still moist, with no visible liquid egg remaining.
- Place a half bagel on each of 4 plates. Top with the egg mixture. Dollop with sour cream and garnish with a dill sprig to serve.