This is such a great appetizer because it is easy to make yet tastes so amazing. Great to serve as a party appetizer or as a starter for a special meal. Either way, your guests (and you) will love it.
- 16 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp. non-hydrogenated margarine
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Grated Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Roasted Garlic Cream Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Miracle Whip
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 14 Ritz Crackers, finely crushed (about 1/2 cup), divided
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley, divided
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Remove stems from mushrooms; set aside. Use melon baller to carefully scoop small amount of flesh from each mushroom cap. Finely chop removed flesh and stems. Place caps, hollowed-sides up, on parchment-covered rimmed baking sheet.
- Melt margarine in large skillet on medium heat. Add chopped flesh, stems and onions; cook and stir 5 min. or until tender. Remove from heat. Stir in next 4 ingredients and half each of the cracker crumbs and parsley. Use melon baller to portion filling into caps; top with remaining crumbs.
- Bake 25 min. or until heated through; sprinkle with remaining parsley.