Another rich and decadent snack perfect for a cold winter night or to serve up during the big game.
- 1 bag (12 oz) frozen broccoli & cheese sauce
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne), if desired
- 4 slices cooked and crumbled bacon
- Crackers, as desired
- Heat oven to 375° F.
- Cook broccoli with cheese sauce as directed on bag. Remove from bag to large bowl. Using kitchen scissors, roughly cut up broccoli. Add cream cheese, half of the Cheddar cheese, the sour cream, mayonnaise, ground red pepper and crumbled bacon. Stir until well combined. Scrape mixture into ungreased ovenproof dish (that will hold at least 2 cups), and place on cookie sheet. Sprinkle top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and bubbling. Cool 5 to 10 minutes before digging in.
- Serve with crackers.