This is a great way to warm up as a family after an awesome winter outing. Or make it up before and pour it in a thermos to keep your warm while out and about.
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- In a saucepan, combine the whole milk, evaporated milk and vanilla and warm up over low heat.
- Combine the cocoa powder, sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon in a bowl. Whisk the cocoa mixture into the warm milk mixture until smooth. Bring to a boil, whisking frequently to prevent it from scorching.
- Remove the hot chocolate from the heat just after it has come to a boil. The mixture should be super rich and thick.