Karl Engel from Pigcasso shows us how to smoke a tender beef brisket.
- 1 whole packer brisket (10-12lbs min)
- Salt, Pepper and Garlic
- Trim Brisket fat all over to less than ¼ inch on all sides. Eliminate all hard feeling fat.
- Spray with pam or some type of spay oil.
- Season with salt, pepper and granulated garlic not garlic salt
- Place on smoker at 225 degrees fat side down
- Cook for approx 4 hrs and then open cooker and spray with beef broth
- Cook for another 2-3 hrs or until internal temp is about 165 or the color is what you desire
- Take off and double wrap in foil and place back on the smoker for another 1-2 hrs or so (brisket should have internal temp of about 190)
- Then take off and let rest in a dry cooler and cover with a towel inside the cooler. Rest time is about 2 hrs.
- Slice and serve