- 1/2 lb. green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 red peppers
- 2 to 3 pkgs extra-firm tofu (each 350 g)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup green or red Thai curry paste or 2 tbsp red Thai curry powder
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 cans coconut milk (each 400 mL)
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 cup chopped cilantro or 1/2 cup shredded fresh basil
- Cook beans and broccoli in a large pot of boiling water until almost tender, 2 to 3 min. Drain and plunge into a large bowl of cold water. Drain and pat dry. Cut peppers into 1/4-in. strips. Cut tofu into 1/2-in cubes.
- Heat oil in a large pot set over medium-high. Add curry paste or powder. Stir constantly until fragrant, about 1 min. Add peppers and onions, then tofu. Stir until evenly coated. Cook for 1 min. Pour in coconut milk. Gently stir in fish sauce and sugar until evenly mixed. Bring to a gentle boil. Simmer until thickened, 3 to 5 min.
- Add broccoli, beans and spinach. Cook until vegetables are hot, about 2 min. Stir in lime juice and cilantro. Serve over steamed rice. Cover and refrigerate curry for up to 5 days.