- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- 1/2 cup hash browns
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- pinch of paprika
- dash salt
- dash pepper
- 1 egg
- Add potatoes, onion powder and 1 tablespoon of butter or oil in a well-greased pie iron. Cook until potatoes begin to brown.
- Remove from fire and open cooker. Using a fork, form a “nest” into the center of the potatoes.
- Break the egg into the center “nest,” close the cooker and return to the fire until the egg is cooked.
- It is done when the potatoes look brown and the egg looks cooked.