Quick special sauce:
- 1/4 cup each of mayo, yellow mustard, maple and ketchup
- Zest and juice of one small orange and lime
- ¼ cup pickled jalapeño
- A splash of sherry vinegar
- 2 lb ground boneless chuck
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- ½ lb ground bacon
- 1 tsp each onion powder, garlic powder, dried thyme
- 2 Tbsp dried shitake powder
- ¼ c Worcestershire sauce
- American cheese
- Butter pickles
- Potato Rolls
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients for sauce. Set aside until ready to assemble.
- In a separate bowl, combine meat and then fold in spices, shitake powder and Worcestershire sauce. Divide into thin patties.
- Cook patties over medium-high heat in a cast iron skillet or griddle top. Layer 2 patties with a slice of cheese between them.
- Top with shaved onion and bread and butter pickles. Serve on a potato roll burger.