- 4 cobs of corn
- 3 tbsp white-wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 4 to 5 hot Italian sausage, about 500 g
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 500 g cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high. Peel back corn husks but do not remove from cobs. Peel off and discard silk. Re-cover corn with husks. Soak cobs in water for 5 min.
- Meanwhile, stir vinegar with garlic, cayenne and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk in oil. Stir in cilantro.
- Oil grill. Barbecue sausages and corn. Turn sausages occasionally until cooked through, 10 to 12 min. Turn corn frequently until tender, at least 8 min. Spray any flare-ups with water if necessary. When cool enough to handle, remove and peel back husk, then, using a knife, shave corn from cob. Thickly slice sausages.
- Divide greens, corn, sausage and tomatoes between plates. Drizzle with dressing.