Because sometimes regular nachos don’t get the job done. They are harder and taking a little longer to make but they make a fun and special snack.
Ingredients (Garlic Cream Sauce)
- 1-½ Tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- ½ Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced finely
- 3/4 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 pinch Salt
- ¼ cups Parmesan Cheese, Grated
Ingredients (Pizza Nachos)
- 4 cups Your Favorite Crispy Tortilla Chips
- 1/4 cups Garlic Cream Sauce (Recipe Included)
- 2/3 cups marinara sauce (or pizza sauce)
- handful of fresh basil, torn
- handful of parsley, chopped
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- Start by making your sauce. Begin by melting the butter, along with the olive oil on medium to low heat. Once melted, toss in the minced garlic, stir. Turn to Medium heat, Add in the cream and stir until it comes to a boil. Add the salt along with the parmesan cheese, and continue stirring. The sauce will thicken pretty quick, so continue to stir. Once the sauce is thickened, remove from the burner, and set aside.
- When you are ready to make your nachos, preheat your oven to 400ºF.
- I used a cookie sheet but any oven-proof dish will work . First add your chips. Drizzle half of the garlic cream sauce all over the chips. Spoon half of the marinara onto chips. Add half of the shredded cheese & half of the herbs. Add another layer of chips and add the remaining cream sauce, marinara sauce and cheese. Bake until the cheese is nice and bubbly 5-7 minutes. Remove from oven and top with the remaining fresh herbs.