For those of us in Saskatoon who have to drive to Edmonton, Calgary, or Winnipeg to enjoy pasta at The Olive Garden.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 12ounce box fettuccine pasta (or your choice of pasta)
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium/low heat.
- Add the garlic, cream, pepper and salt, and bring mixture to a simmer. Turn the heat down if the mixture reaches a rapid boil or it could boil over. You just want a simmer. Add the cheese, and continue to simmer the sauce for 8 minutes or until thick.
- While the sauce cooks, bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a boil and add the pasta. Cook pasta for about 12 minutes or until done, then drain it.
- Spoon pasta onto serving plates with Alfredo sauce poured over the top.
Makes 2 to 3 large servings
Just be sure not to crank the heat up too high when simmering the sauce or it could break, resulted in curdled Alfredo.