This easy Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe is the perfect quick and easy dinner! It’s made in the skillet and takes only 20 minutes.
- 6 small chicken cutlets or breast filets
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 6 slices of deli ham
- 6 slices of Swiss cheese
- ½ cup white wine (can substitute chicken broth if desired)
- additional Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley can be used to garnish
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Combine the Panko bread crumbs and the Parmesan cheese in a small bowl.
- Coat the chicken with the bread crumb mixture pressing gently to adhere.
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large, lidded skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the cutlets (working in batches if necessary to avoid crowding) and cook 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through. (Wipe skillet before repeating with remaining chicken pieces.)
- Return all of the chicken pieces to the skillet. Top each piece of chicken with a slice of ham and a slice of Swiss cheese.
- Gently pour the wine over the top of the chicken and cover with a lid. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with a side salad, rice, or pasta.