The classic potato skins recipe. A perfect snack or appetizer on a cool night that is best served to friends.
- 4 potatoes, large
- 2 teaspoons butter; softened
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese with Jalapeno Peppers
- 4 Bacon slices, crisp & crumbled
- Prick Potatoes with fork to allow steam to escape. Bake potatoes in 425F oven until tender, about 1 hour. Cool slightly
- Cut each potato lengthwise into halves, scoop out insides, leaving a 3/8 inch shell. Spread inside of shells with margarine or butter, sprinkle with salt. Cut each potato into six pieces, sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
- Set oven control to broil or 550F. Broil potato pieces about 5 inches from heat until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.