- 5 Granny Smith apples, peeled, sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 cup shredded Very Mild White Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup non-hydrogenated margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup thawed whipped cream
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Toss apples with 1/4 cup sugar and spices in 9-inch square baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Combine remaining sugar with all remaining ingredients except whipped cream; sprinkle over apples.
- Bake 40 min. or until topping is browned and apples are tender. Serve warm topped with whipped cream.