An easy and fast taco salad that is perfect quick and easy dinner for the entire family.
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 (1.25-ounce package) taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2/3 cup bottled salsa
- 8 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 4 cups (4 ounces) bite-sized baked tortilla chips
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney or black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe black olives (unless like me, you hate olives)
- Cook the beef in large skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine sour cream and salsa in a small bowl.
- Combine the beef mixture, iceberg lettuce, tortilla chips, tomatoes, 1/2 cup cheese, and beans in a large bowl. Drizzle the sour cream mixture over the salad, and toss gently. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese and black olives. Serve immediately.