You can cut the fat but kept the flavour by baking the chicken wings and using reduced-fat cottage cheese in the dipping sauce.
- Chicken Wings
- 2 lb chicken wing drummettes (about 24)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons red pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Celery sticks, if desired
- Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 15x10x1-inch pan with foil. Remove skin from chicken.
- In resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix honey, ketchup, pepper sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Add chicken. Seal bag; refrigerate at least 15 minutes but no longer than 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Place chicken in pan; sprinkle with paprika. Bake uncovered about 30 minutes or until crisp and juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
- In blender or food processor, place cottage cheese, vinegar, milk, half of the blue cheese, the white pepper and garlic. Cover and blend on low speed until smooth and creamy. Spoon into serving dish. Stir in remaining blue cheese. Cover; refrigerate until serving. Serve chicken wings with sauce and celery sticks.