- 1 (1-pound) beef flank steak
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic red pepper sauce
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 small (1 cup) cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Salt, if desired
- Pepper, if desired
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- Place all steak ingredients into large resealable plastic bag. Tightly seal bag; turn over several times to coat steak. Place bag into 13×9-inch pan. Refrigerate, turning bag occasionally, at least 30 minutes.
- Heat gas grill on medium-high or charcoal grill until coals are ash white.
- Combine all salad ingredients in bowl; set aside.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade.
- Whisk all basting sauce ingredients together in bowl. Brush both sides of steak with basting sauce, reserving any remaining.
- Place steak onto grill. Grill, turning once and brushing with reserved sauce, 15-18 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145°F (medium-rare) or desired doneness.
- Remove steak to cutting board. Divide salad among individual serving plates. Slice steak across grain into thin slices. Arrange sliced steak over salads. Garnish with additional cilantro leaves, if desired.