I got this from Martha Stewart and it is a great addition to steak. I put it on it as soon as I take it off the grill and let it melt on top while the steak rests. The only thing better than a fire-grilled steak is the same steak with a round of flavoured butter slowly melting overtop, forming a rich, tasty sauce as it mingles with the steak’s juices
- 4 tablespoons room-temperature butter
- Coarse salt
- Ground pepper
Then decide the flavor you are looking for.
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) crumbled blue cheese
- 1 scallion, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons prepared white horseradish (squeezed of excess liquid)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- In a small bowl, mix the ingredient combination of your choice with room-temperature butter. Season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Place in freezer until it is thick enough to be sliced.