- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 (9- to 10-ounce) package (6 cups) chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 medium (1 1/2 cups) tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar or crumbled blue cheese
- 6 slices fully cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 Eggs, hard-cooked, sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup ranch or blue cheese dressing
- Melt butter in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until sizzling. Add chicken, lemon zest and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Place chopped lettuce onto platter. Arrange all remaining ingredients except salad dressing in rows over lettuce.
- Serve with salad dressing.
Tailor this recipe to please your family by using their favorite veggies. Shredded carrots and sliced cucumbers are two possibilities.