- 8 jalapeño peppers, halved, seeded
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 8 slices sourdough sandwich bread
- 8 (3/4-ounce) slices cheese
- 2 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place jalapeño peppers onto prepared baking sheet. Bake 30 minutes, turning after 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Combine butter and panko bread crumbs in bowl; mix well. Spread 1 side of each bread slice with 2 teaspoons butter mixture.
- Evenly spread cream cheese onto unbuttered side of 4 bread slices. Layer each with 4 roasted jalapeño pepper halves and 2 slices cheese. Top with remaining bread slices, buttered-side up.
- Heat 12-inch skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Place 2 sandwiches into skillet. Cook, turning once, 4-6 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining sandwiches.