- 4 tablespoons Crisco shortening
- 1/2 cup Chopped onion
- 4 packages of frozen cut asparagus (10 oz)
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 8 Egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 5 cups of Milk
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 teaspoons of pepper
- 8 drops hot pepper sauce
- In medium saucepan melt Crisco; add onion and cook until tender.
- Add frozen asparagus and chicken broth; cook uncovered 10 minutes over high heat.
- Transfer mixture to blender and puree. (Or force mixture through a fine wire sieve.) Add beaten egg yolks.
- Return mixture to saucepan. Stir in milk, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Reheat before serving; DO NOT BOIL.
Makes 3 quarts.