- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 small head (4 cups) lettuce, torn
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled, sliced 1/4-inch
- 1 medium (1/2 cup) onion, chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package (2 cups) Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 2 cups coarsely crushed corn chips
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle French or Thousand Island dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, if desired
- Cook ground beef over medium heat in 10-inch skillet until browned (4 to 6 minutes); drain well. Add kidney beans; continue cooking 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place lettuce, avocado, onion, tomatoes, cheese and corn chips in large salad bowl; add warm beef mixture. Pour dressing and hot pepper sauce over mixture; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.