Here is a curried chicken bowl recipe that you may enjoy. Fairly easy to make and everyone loves it. Makes 4 servings.
- [50 mL] of your favorite barbecue sauce.
- [50 mL] plain Balkan-style yogurt
- [10 mL] hot red curry paste, Indian style
- [5 mL] gingerroot, grated
- [450 g] boneless skinless chicken breasts
- [250 mL] basmati rice
- [50 mL] Ranch Dressing
- [2 mL] hot red curry paste, Indian style
- [50 mL] Toasted sliced almonds
- [50 mL] raisins, soaked in warm water, drained
- [50 mL]red pepper, small diced
- [50 mL] scallions, small diced
- [125 mL] English cucumbers, small diced
- [50 mL] fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- Whisk first 4 ingredients in bowl. Place chicken in full-size shallow hotel pan. Pour sauce mixture over chicken, turning to coat both sides in a resealable plastic bag. Cover. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 12 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Grill chicken on medium-high heat 3 to 4 min. on each side or until done (170°F [77°C]). Let rest, covered, 5 min. before slicing on the diagonal.
- Add rice to large saucepot with enough water to cover. Soak rice 30 min. Drain rice, rinse and return to saucepot. Add 2 cups water for trial recipe. Bring to boil on high heat; cover. Simmer on low heat 10 min. or until liquid is absorbed. Let stand, covered, 5 min. before serving.
- Mix dressing and curry paste until well blended. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For each serving: Combine 1 cup (250 mL) hot cooked rice and 1 Tbsp. each nuts, raisins, peppers and scallions. Spoon into serving bowl.
- Fan 100 g chicken slices on top of rice. Garnish with 2 Tbsp. 30 ml cucumbers, 15 ml dressing mixture and 15 mL cilantro.
For a milder flavour, substitute tandoori paste or mild curry paste for the hot red curry.