Here is another fun dip and appetizer for Super Bowl Sunday (or Grey Cup Sunday).
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 12 oz. amber ale (or non-alcoholic beer if you prefer)
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Hot sauce, salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Once butter is melted, stir in flour and cook for about 1 minute.
- Whisk in the beer and allow it to thicken, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk in mustard.
- Turn the heat to low and stir in cream cheese.
- Once the cream cheese is melted in, gradually add in cheese.
- Add hot sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm with pretzels or tortilla chips
Since it’s quite “beer-y” you can always reduce the amount of beer or add in more cheese. Want to make it even better? Crisp up some diced bacon before you get started.