This is a great make ahead breakfast for a busy morning. It’s one of the guys favorite weekend meals and will our big Boxing Day breakfast in the morning.
- 12 oz bulk spicy pork sausage
- 5 cups frozen southern-style hash brown potatoes
- 1 can (4.5 ounces) chopped green chiles, undrained
- 3 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese (12 oz)
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup salsa
- Spray 13×9-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. In 10-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink. Drain on paper towel.
- Spread frozen potatoes in baking dish. Sprinkle with sausage, green chiles and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese. In medium bowl, beat eggs, milk and salt with fork or wire whisk until well blended. Pour over potato mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 cups cheese. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours but no longer than 12 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Bake uncovered 50 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut into squares. Serve with salsa.