- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups diced uncooked potatoes
- 1/4 cup finely diced onions
- 1/4 cup of finely diced peppers (green or red)
- 1 cup of ham, diced (farmer’s sausage is also good here)
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped parsley
- 6 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste (I omit the salt)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cups of low fat shredded cheese
- 1 seeded and diced tomato
- Pre heat your skillet first, then add a bit of oil.
- Add the potatoes, peppers and onion. Cover and cook over a medium heat, stirring occasionally until browned.
- Add the cooked ham and cook until lightly browned and warmed through.
- Beat the eggs with the milk and parsley.
- Pour over the potatoes and ham. Cover and cook on medium low heat until set, lifting the edges occasionally to let the eggs mixture run under and cook evenly. This takes about 8 minutes or so.
- Top with the diced tomato, and cheese and cover again until the cheese melts.