- 30 oz. package of frozen hash browns
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (10-oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1/2 cup scallions/green onions
- 1/2 cup cilantro (optional)
- 1 or 2 jalapeno peppers seeded and chopped (optional)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 7 oz. (approx.) bacon chopped into bite size pieces. (you could substitute farmers sausage or other breakfast meat)
- 8 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 11 x 14 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix all the ingredients together adding the hash browns last, place in prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes or until cooked through. Your baking time could take up to 70 minutes depending on the type of pan you use. Check the casserole initially at 45 minutes and continue cooking till cooked through if needed.
This is super easy to make and feeds 8 so make sure you adjust ingredients accordingly if you have a smaller family.