- 2 liters of Coca-Cola
- soy sauce (preferably light)
Do not use Diet Coke as it does not contain sugar.
- Boil the chicken in water until it is fully cooked.
- Dump the water and replace it with Coca-Cola.
- Begin simmering the chicken in Coca-Cola for about 30 minutes or until flavor fully sets in. Cover the pot to keep the flavor in.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of salt for every liter of Coca-Cola to balance the sweet and salty flavors a bit.
- Add about 3 tablespoons of soy sauce for every liter of Coca-Cola if light soy sauce is used. Otherwise you may want to leave it at 2 tablespoons or it will be too salty. Adjust flavorings to personal taste and remember to stir occasionally.
After 30 minutes, the remaining Coca-Cola should have a thick, syrupy consistency.