Skip to content
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ginger root, minced
- 2 pounds carrots, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 5 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- dash of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup cream (or milk, if you prefer)
- Melt butter in large pot, over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté until transparent.
- Add garlic and ginger root. Cook for several minutes longer.
- Add broth, carrots and potatoes.
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until very tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Puree with hand held blender until smooth.
- Return to stove.
- Add seasonings and cream.
- Heat until steaming.