- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 loaf of fresh French bread, cubed
- Rub inside of large saucepan with the clove of garlic.
- Bring the apple juice to a boil over medium heat…then reduce to low heat.
- Toss the cheeses with the cornstarch, pepper and nutmeg…stir into the juice.
- Cook and stir constantly for 3-4 minutes…or until cheese is melted.
- Transfer to a fondue pot to keep warm.
- Serve with cubed bread for dipping.
Make a meal of it by dipping raw vegetable pieces and cooked chicken strips as well as the usual cubes of bread.