- 10 (3/4-ounce) slices American cheese, chopped
- 8 ounces bulk mild Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped, drained dill pickles
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup seeded, chopped tomato
- Sesame seeds, if desired
- Ruffled potato chips or fresh, salted crinkle-cut French fries
- Cook sausage in medium saucepan until browned, drain fat.
- Add all remaining ingredients except tomato, sesame seeds, potato chips or fries. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 7-9 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is well combined.
- Pour into serving bowl. Garnish with chopped tomato and sesame seeds, if desired.
- Serve immediately with ruffled potato chips or French fries.