I’ll admit it, sometimes I get tired of grilling steak and hamburgers and while I want something barbecued, I want something other than beef. For those times I reach for this recipe. Hope you enjoy it.
- 1 tablespoon butter Unsalted
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced into rings
- 4 Balance Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 slices Provolone Cheese
- Preheat an outdoor grill on high heat and lightly oil grate.
- Heat butter in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté onions until browned and caramelized, (slow cooking onions could take up to 20 minutes); set aside.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place on grill and cook until no longer pink and juices run clear, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Place hamburger buns on grill just long enough to toast them.
- In a small bowl, combine sliced avocado and lemon juice.
- Spread buns with mayonnaise (optional) to taste, then layer with chicken, caramelized onion, provolone and avocado.