- 1 container (5 ounces) prepared diced celery and onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 containers (8 ounces each) Crab Claw Meat
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 Sourdough English Muffins, split in half
- 1 cup Old Shredded Cheddar
- In a 10 to 12-inch frying pan, combine celery mix and butter over medium high heat. Cook, stirring often, until onion and celery are softened but not browned, 5-6 minutes.
- Preheat oven broiler to high. In a bowl, mix together cooked celery mixture,crab, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange English muffins, split side up, on a baking sheet. Broil muffins 4 inches from heat until lightly toasted, 2-3 minutes.
- Top each muffin with 1/8 of the crab mixture then sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Return pan to oven and broil until crab mixture is hot and cheese is lightly browned and bubbling, about 3 more minutes. Serve immediately