- 4 6-8 oz cuts of filet mignon beef. You can also use other cuts of steak, just make sure you marinade and tenderize them properly.
- Freshly ground pepper and salt
- Olive oil
- 1-2 roma tomatoes, sliced about ¼ inch thick (you’ll need eight slices)
- About 4 oz fresh mozzarella, cut into four slices
- About eight fresh basil leaves
- Reduced balsamic vinegar
- Season filets with salt and pepper and lightly brush with olive oil
- Heat grill to high. Place steaks on grill, reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Flip and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Reduce to low, top with one tomato slice, one basil leaf, one slice mozzarella, another basil leaf, and another slice of tomato.
- Close the cover and grill for another 3-5 minutes or to desired doneness.
- Remove to a platter, let rest for at least 5 minutes, drizzle with olive oil and reduced balsamic vinegar before serving.