- 8 oz uncooked whole wheat linguine, broken in half
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup julienne-cut carrots (from 10-oz bag)
- 1 medium bell pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 3 medium green onions, chopped (3 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook linguine as directed on package, adding broccoli, carrots and bell pepper during last minute of cooking; drain pasta and vegetables. Rinse with cold water until pasta and vegetables are cool; drain
- In small bowl, gradually beat water and oil into peanut butter with wire whisk until smooth. Beat in vinegar, soy sauce, ginger and ground red pepper.
- In large serving bowl, stir together pasta mixture, peanut sauce, onions and cilantro until well mixed.