- 1 pound Medium Raw Shrimp Tail On, thawed
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pound red bell peppers, stemmed, seeded, and cut lengthwise into thin strips
- 1 pound Yellow Onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin 100% Olive Oil
- 1 envelope Fajita Seasoning Mix
- 8 flour tortillas (soft taco size), warmed
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Peel and de-vein shrimp. Rinse shrimp and pat dry between paper towels.
- In a bowl, combine shrimp, lime juice, and sugar. Mix well, then cover and chill 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a 12-inch nonstick frying pan, combine peppers, onions, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and salt to taste over high heat.
- Stir often until vegetables are lightly browned and tender when pierced, 6-7 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Drain shrimp and pat dry; discard lime juice. In bowl, combine shrimp and fajita seasoning; mix well. Add remaining oil to frying pan and place over high heat.
- When pan is hot, add shrimp. Cook, turning once, until shrimp are no longer translucent in center (cut to test), 2-3 minutes
- Remove shrimp from pan with a slotted spoon, leaving juices in pan.
- Transfer shrimp to serving platter. Spoon peppers, onions, and shrimp into tortillas and add sour cream if desired.