If you have ever been to Original Joes, you have enjoyed the dip, they serve with their fries. Here is how they make it.
- 1/2 cup Hellmann’s mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon Lawry’s seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Lawry’s onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon monosodium glutamate (see note)
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, dill weed, seasoning salt, onion salt, Worcestershire sauce, onion flakes, parsley flakes, monosodium glutamate, and hot pepper sauce. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours
Monosodium glutamate, or MSG, is used in restaurants all the time. You can find it, but more than likely you’ll have to order it.
If you really want this to take like Original Joe’s Dill Dip you’ll need it. Otherwise you can substitute sea salt. It won’t be the same, but at least it will be edible.