Recipe to feed two, but if you have more people just add more potatoes and toppings.
- 7 small potatoes
- 1/2 pound ground beef, fried
- taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large Roma tomato, diced small
- 1 green onion, diced fine
- 1/2 fresh jalapeno, diced fine
- 1 1/4 cups grated cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- Boil potatoes until fork tender. Do not allow to get mushy.
- Drain and place potatoes on a baking sheet or in a cast iron fry pan that has been sprayed with none stick spray.
- While the potatoes are still hot smash them with a potato masher. (see photo below)
- Drizzle potatoes with melted butter and lightly season with salt, pepper, taco seasoning and cumin. ** you can let them sit at this point till you are ready to bake and assemble**
- Place oven rack in middle of oven and turn oven to broil. Broil seasoned potatoes until they get a nice crust on them but are not dark.
- Remove from oven. Top with fried and seasoned (use any of the seasonings suggested in the ingredients to your liking) ground beef, tomatoes, onions and jalapenos. Top with cheese.
- Once again place under the broiler until the cheese is nicely melted and bubbly.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa.