Winters on the prairies are colder and longer than they really need to be. To get through them, you need warm hearty foods like this Chicken Pot Pie recipe.
- 1 can Low Fat Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 cups (500 mL) cubed, cooked chicken
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen vegetable
- 1 medium potato, diced, cooked without salt
- 1 frozen uncooked pastry shell (9″ / 23 cm), thawed 15 minutes
- Combine soup,chicken,vegetables and potato; spread in empty pie plate.
- Top with pastry shell and press pastry against rim of pie plate. Prick crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake in preheated 400°F (200°C) oven until pastry is deep golden brown – about 20 to 25 minutes.