Skip to content
- 1 leek, cleaned and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 1 large head cauliflower, divided into florets
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup danish blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 4 slices bacon, thick-cut, fried and crumbled
- Saute the garlic and leek in butter until translucent.
- Pour in vegetable broth; add cauliflower florets.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes until cauliflower is crisp-tender.
- Transfer 1 cup of broth to bowl; whisk in cornstarch or potato starch flour to make a slurry; set aside.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the soup in the pot until creamy.
- Whisk the slurry into the pot and heat; fold in blue cheese and parsley.
- Simmer for an additional 5 – 10 minutes.
- Garnish with bacon crumbles and additional blue cheese to serve.