- 5 lbs skinless chicken drumettes
- 1/3 cup kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 8 cups water
Blue Cheese Dip
- 1 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tbsp skim milk , or 1% buttermilk
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- as needed sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1 cup vinegar based hot sauce
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare brine: In a large resealable container, whisk salt, honey, vinegar and cayenne into water until dissolved. Add chicken, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 12 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare blue cheese dip: In a small bowl, combine yogurt, cheese, green onions, milk and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and place a baking rack on top.
- Drain wings, discarding brine. Arrange in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, turn wings over and continue to bake for another 20 minutes, until golden and crispy.
- While wings are baking, prepare sauce: In a medium saucepan, whisk together hot sauce, butter, honey, vinegar, cayenne, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Warm over medium heat until barely simmering. Cover and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss chicken with sauce to coat. Serve with blue cheese dip and carrot and celery sticks.