- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and diced
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin 100% Olive Oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound Imitation Crab
- 3 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 8 medium size flour tortillas
- 11/2 cups Shredded Tex Mex Cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Creamy Tomatillo with Avocado Salsa
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a 12-inch nonstick frying pan, combine onion, bell pepper, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste over medium-high heat.
- Stir often until lightly browned and softened, 8-10 minutes. Meanwhile, place seafood in a bowl and separate into flakes.
- When onion and pepper are done, add to seafood along with mayonnaise.
- Mix well. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets. Place 2 tortillas on each sheet.
- Top tortillas with equal amounts of seafood mixture, spreading it out over tortillas to edges.
- Sprinkle equally with cheese and top with remaining tortillas. Brush top tortillas equally with melted butter.
- Bake quesadillas until browned and crisp, 8-10 minutes. Switch pans halfway through baking for even browning if necessary and watch closely to prevent over-browning.
- With a large knife, cut quesadillas into wedges and transfer to plates. Offer salsa to add to taste.